Epping Breast Unit Challenge – Trek the Inca Trail 2018
September 22 @ 9:00 am - September 30 @ 9:00 pm
Is the Inca Trail on your Bucket List? If you’re looking for the experience of a lifetime, to take in breathtaking scenery and an extreme challenge, while fundraising for breast cancer research, support and clinical trials, this trek is for you!
In September 2018, we are looking for trekkers to join our Epping Breast Unit Challenge along the Inca Trail up to the legendary Lost City of the Incas in Peru. Peru is a country of astounding contrasts and treasures and home to ancient cultures established in its three main areas – its desert coast, the high Andes Mountain range and the Amazon rainforest. Peru offers an incredibly rich combination of cultural heritage, history, stunning nature, geography and scenery, spirituality, traditions and beliefs.
The trek will take you to Sacsayhuaman, one of the largest and most impressive of the four archeological tuins on the outskirts of Cusco, as well as to the Amaru community – where straight from the hands of local craftspeople you will learn about textiles and the weaving process. Other highlights of the trip include a visit to the circular terraces of Moray, an agricultural “research laboratory” for the Incas who studied temperature variation from one terrace to another in order to develop different crop varieties, as well as the biggest challenge of all, the trek along the Inca Trail to reach Machu Picchu. On day seven we climb to the Intipunku or the Sun Gate along a trail of flat stones on the edges of cliffs in the higlhalnd jungle, where you may see the sunrise over the sacred citadel of Machu Picchu. Please note that this is a brief summary of the trip, we have a full detailed itinerary which you must read to get more of a feel for what will you could take part in on this challenge!
The trek will take place between the 22nd – 30th september 2018.
Suggested donation: £5000
Non-refundable deposit to reserve place on the trip: £250
For a detailed itinerary, please email Helena at email@example.com or call the office on 01279 827857. We will email this straight to you!
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN TREK
• International flights and domestic flights
• Accomodation with private bath in the selected hotel category including breakfast
• Transfers with local representatives
• Private services with local English speaking guides
• Entrance fees to all visited attractions
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (please email for Itinerary)
• Clothing: long trousers, shorts, long and short-sleeved T-shirts or shirts, cotton socks, warm clothes for Cuzco, especially at night
• Rain gear or poncho (you can buy a basic one in Cusco)
• Comfortable footwear, trekking boots recommended
• Camera and extra batteries
• Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, cold and rain
• Sun block (high factor, especially for children)
• After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body
• Insect repellent – minimum recommended 20% DEET – no malaria risk has been reported
• Personal toiletries and medications
• Non-disposable canteen (Nalgene type) or water bottle to carry water on outings
• Cash in soles and/or US$ for extras (souvenirs, beverages, etc)
• Original passport and passport photocopies